Wednesday, May 7, 2008

War of the Worlds COMIC!!


Found at: CCPS Library
Title: War of the Worlds (Marvel Comic version)
Author: HG Wells
Call number: 92.992 P WEL

I had borrowed the Science Fiction classic, War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells, in Primary School, but found the first few pages of the book boring. This comic version, however, was so excellent that I think I'll try to read the novel again.

The story is about an alien invasion from Mars and how the humans find ways to fight them. In this comic book version, the pictures are very well-drawn. I could even "feel" the heat rays from the Martians! I think we can even get ideas on how to use frames in Comiclife more effectively from it.

This is a website on War of the Worlds

http://www.war-ofthe-worlds.co.uk/gall_c56.htm

Some of you might have even heard of or seen the movie War of The Worlds starring Tom Cruise that was released three years ago in 2008.

What would be the first thing that you would do if aliens invaded Earth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 1st thing I'll do is to look for my family then hide in a safe place with things that I need e.g.Handphone,Water and Food,Raincoat and a Radio(if I had....)Bye