Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Pigman and Me by Paul Zindel


Found at: CCPS library
Title: The Pigman and Me
Author: Paul Zindel
Call No: 93.1951 F ZIN

The Pigman and Me is actually an autobiography of Paul Zindel, the author. In it, he recounts how his family moved to a new town called Travis and how he meets a man named Nonno Frankie (Nonno means "grandfather" in Italian) who is the grandfather of the two boys who are sharing the house with Paul's family. Nonno Frankie helps Paul fit into his new school and also helps him cope with his strange mother and gives him advice on some questions that he has.

This book made me smile because it's quite a touching story; Paul was very lucky to have met Nonno Frankie because he was a father figure to him when he needed it.

I give the book 4 stars, because while it's touching, I was rather disappointed that he and Jennifer, his best friend, did not stay in touch. I guess that's life! =P

Paul Zindel's website is at http://www.paulzindel.com/
Who has given you good advice? What advice did they give you and did you find it useful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would give it 4 stars,too.

Anonymous said...

I do not know how many stars i want to give because i have not read this book yet?