Thursday, November 20, 2008

Europe trip








As promised, these are some photos of my trip to Amsterdam...unfortunately photography is not allowed in the secret annexe or in the musuem, so I took some photos from the Internet. You can see how steep the stairs were. The statue in the photo is of Anne Frank. One thing that I loved about Amsterdam was the bicycle culture-- people cycled everywhere and there is a bicycle lane. I remember seeing a lady in a work jacket and high heels cycling with a small carriage behind, in which was a toddler, strapped in with a helmet. I can't imagine anyone doing that in Singapore!

I won't be travelling so far away these holidays, but I'll "travel" through books instead! I've recently discovered the audio book section at the national library, and I've been listening to The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I became interested in after watching that section from the VCD from our school library the other day. I've never read the actual novel by Victor Hugo, but I've realised that this is a great way to learn about the story. Listening to the french pronunciations of the buildings in Paris has been very interesting. I definitely would not have been able to do that if I had read the book.

No comments: